Sunday, January 31, 2010

rules for writers chapter 4

Rules for Writers Chapter 4

This chapter really made me understand a lot of what makes a good piece of writing. I do not believe that I have had any issues with anyone reading my writing in the past. But I have never given much thought to the way I typically build my paragraphs. Reading this chapter has allowed me to think of what I am writing and how others will perceive it. I now have more tools in my box that I can use to build a better piece of literature.

Chapter four is all about building a paragraph that the reader can understand and find appealing to read. It is about a paragraph that has a clear understanding as to what the topic is about and a body that supports it with well placed pieces of information. It also makes sure that we the author understands that the reader has an attention span and to be aware of what you are writing about and the size of it.

Starting with the main point, chapter 4 has given me a better understanding of how to use it to get the best results out to the readers. Developing the main point has made me think of my past writing and how I typically would be very wordy and long. It’s time to rethink this. The pattern of organization is what I learned the most from. This alone is worth the reading of chapter 4. They are the tools I will be calling on a lot. Making paragraphs coherent is another tool that I will use regularly. I do believe that my writing can have some pot holes in it. And the last, paragraph length is also one that I will tend to call on. After reading what I just wrote, it looks like I will be using most of chapter 4 on a regular occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment