Adam Cole
Lauren Servais
English 100 Online
8 April 2010
This is what it means to say Phoenix, Arizona.
What a wonderful story. There is great meaning in both the reading and the movie. With few exceptions, there really is no differenced in them. Both were fun, humorous and an enjoyable story to read/watch.
One of the differences I noticed was in the movie, they changed victor and Thomas means of getting to Arizona from a plane ride, (this ride being in the book) to a bus ride. I feel they did this to further the stereotype of Indians living at a poverty level. There is also something more to this but I just cannot put my finger on it.
This movie is very precious. If this movie comes for sale in the future, I really want to rent it again and compare it to the book more. There is reason the writer added things in his writing and then there is a reason why the movie has changed them. I would like to compare them to answer questions I have. Again I don’t know why, there is just something telling me in my mind that I really need to do this. It may have something to do with my family situation but until I actually do it, I will never know. I want to know what it means to say, Phoenix, Arizona.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Adam, interesting post. I thought there were many differences from the movie and article. One being, the reference of Author was hardly used in the article while the movie focuses mass attention on Author and how he effects and builds other relationships, Victor and Thomas being one of them.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with you there to many differences in the book and movie. I overall like the movie better. And great points.
ReplyDeleteI like that you are taking a broad view of how both the movie and film made you feel. I think that the film was changed to show us what they could not say in the script.
ReplyDeleteIt is the little changes that make up the difference bewteen the two but I do feel both were similiar in a way. It can be good to have some changes that way you can really look into the details and give them critical thought. Both were enjoyable and humorous.
ReplyDelete