
Adam Cole
Lauren Servais
English 100 OnLine
3 March 2010
Document Design
I chose this chapter because it is something that can make your writing into something special. I am a very visual person. I also feel I am mechanical, logical and factual. My research on different things is based on facts and hard evidence. When I write for business, I tend to use straight forward text rather than fluff. Sometimes for me, this style of writing tends to be dull and monotonous.
Chapter five in the book “Rules for Writers” gives me very good information that is going to help me keep my writing from going down the “path of dullness.” Simple things such as line spacing and font styles can make your writing come alive. It kind of like an average looking person can mysteriously look breathtaking with the aide of makeup. The way that we dress our paper can have a big impact on how someone will precieve it. This also can backfire on you so if you are not sure, it may be best to keep it a bit conservative. You need to take in to consideration you audience and what they are looking to get out of the paper.
I will be using the information in chapter five to try and make my writing easier to read. I am also going to use it in certain circumstances to capture my audience. One thing that I notice since I have been taking English at the start, (last year) is the use of double spacing my text. In the years past I would write something without spacing it and remember my associates become almost overwhelmed by looking at the page and seeing all that black. After spacing my text, even I have noticed how easy it is to read.
By taking advantage of the many tools we have in todays computer programs, we can make a page of text easier to read, we can make the words POP OUT OF THE PAGE by using the different fonts. We can wake someone up by changing the color. We can add pictures to enhance our writing
There is really no end to enhance our text. Chapter five gives us ideas for this.
if this doesent get your attention, i dont know what will.
ReplyDeletei have tried and tried to get the right pic in the right place but i am not computer savvy so i am giving up.
i do think that you all will get the idea though.
peace, adam.